06' downpipe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
piece of pie to remove
get a sawzall or similiar tool, cut teh down pipe in half right before teh tranny cross member
then go up top loosen the v band clamp, tap once with a rubber mallet lift up pipe and off the turbo outlet flange.
gently slide it down the back of the engine till it stops.
go back under and fish it out. i did it laying on the ground with the truck up on 3 2x12 (5 inches ) under the front tires.
the rest is easy

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you get an aftermarket downpipe, most will be in two pieces
attatch the upper end looosely and then attach the lower end and then set all your pipes so you are not touching anything and your in like flint

if your removing and re-installing your facoty pipe..... you got to drop teh tranny cross member to get it out in one piece. unless you lift the cab off the frame :(

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i did it laying on the ground with the truck up on 3 2x12 (5 inches ) under the front tires.
the rest is easy

Redneck ramps:D

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. You disconnect the top of the downpipe from under the hood using a ratchet, extension and deep socket. Once disconnected, the downpipe is removed from the bottom of the truck.

Note: removal of the trans cross member or cutting of the downpipe is required. I recommend cutting the downpipe close to the main bend before loosening the clamp at the turbo (since it's a PITA to cut the downpipe if it's flopping around).

New aftermarket downpipes are 2 piece and go right in from under the truck. A second person to install the clamp at the turbo while the one under the truck holds the pipe in place is very handy.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14