06 lift qustions

magnoliatrucks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 F250 KR FX4. I am starting to have a shuttering stearing wheel when I put on the brakes and the right side tire is wearing on the outside wall pretty badly (truck has been alighned twice with no success). I did the front brakes about a year ago and did not turn the rotors so that may be the issue. The truck has 160k miles on it and I am considering putting a lift on it.
Does anyone know how long the suspension typically last on the FX4 and what the factory FX4 lift height is? Is it worth putting a lift on it (looking at 8") or should I just replace the things that are worn out (how do I know when the shocks and stearing stabilizer or any other components need to be replaced?).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The lift is a personal choice. There are many venders that would be happy to talk you about lifts. The FX4 has no lift in it. Just the 4 wheel package.

The stuttering (shaking) steering wheel is probable due to your rotors that have not been turned (trued). If you have the rotors checked, with a dial indicator, my guess is you have significant run-out. This translates to steering wheel shake.

Dave :)

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the wear on the tire.. have u checked the unit bearing ? tha could give you both issues

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FX4 is nothing more than a bed sticker and shocks that LOOK like Ranchos. The shocks are nothing more than Motorcraft shocks dressed up like Ranchos.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Tires not balanced?? Since yer tire is gettin worn out probably should put some new tires on it and see if that fixed it. Sounds like you need tires anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58