2 Lo mod

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the wiring diagram yet but what I am thinking is to send power to the transfer case only. I may have to use a diode to prevent voltage from going back to the vacume pump. Or, interupt the power to the relay and "tuen off" the front axle when switching to 4LO. I am planning on using a covered switch to prevent accidental activation. Hopefully I will get to this this weekend. The interior is all back in except for the seats.

Scott

Last edited:

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
I used to pull some serious holeshots without the hubs locked in 4LOW in the 250 gasser....

Cant get up the balloons to do it with the Turbo stroker .... IT cant be good:lmao

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the wiring diagram yet but what I am thinking is to send power to the transfer case only. I may have to use a diode to prevent voltage from going back to the vacume pump. Or, interupt the power to the relay and "tuen off" the front axle when switching to 4LO. I am planning on using a covered switch to prevent accidental activation. Hopefully I will get to this this weekend. The interior is all back in except for the seats.

Scott

Be sure to take pictures and do us a write up Scott.

Sounds like a useful mod to have around.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What is the reason for doing this and what does it benefit?

Applications for the real world please?

I put mine in 4-lo all the time with the hubs unlocked. When I back my boat or cargo trailer in my tight driveway while hauling the camper it is very handy to go slow. When launching and retrieving the boat on steep boat ramps 4-lo works great. When parking on steep boat ramps I put the tranny in low(5-speed)and the t-case in low so the truck does not roll as the e-brake will not hold 16,000lbs on a steep grade.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Be sure to take pictures and do us a write up Scott.

Sounds like a useful mod to have around.

Well, it looks like this mod is not going to happen on my truck. I had a caliper hang up so I pulled it to check it out and re-lube everything (that needs it) again. In the process I checked the ball joints and found that they have quite a bit of play. I also have some bearing play and axle seal is leaking all on the same side of the truck! 187,000 miles and now she wants some attention. I think it would have been cheaper to buy a new stock axle assembly and just bolt it in place but last night I ordered some calipers, rotors, and pads from Frozen Rotors, ball joints from powerstrokeshop and the new Solid Axle SpynTec Conversion Kit (similar to the dynatrac free spin kit) from a buddy who owns a 4x4 shop. It comes with Warn premium hubs so now I don't need to worry about the 2 lo mod although my previous idea would have been much cheaper.
I will try to post some info on the Solid Axle kit once I get it installed. It has been on the market since February so there aren't many out there yet.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14