2002 f350 blowing oil from dip stick

Kniel3378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello this is my first post on this forum. I have a 2002 f350 4dr short bed 4x4

I bought the truck 2 weeks ago. The oil is at the "O" on the dipstick above the safe zone. I pulled my jeep about an hour and a half north and noticed the oil residue on the under carriage and traced it to the dipstick. the pcv line is not kinked and is relieving pressure like it should be. And there is no loss in power from the motor. Could this simply be happening just because of having too much oil in it? I'm going to have the oil changed and put at the right level tomorrow. Just curious if there could be another issue.

Thanks in advance
Kurtis

c6e4ea44-e08b-58cf.jpg

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES.. Over full with oil could be the cause. I'd say you need to drain a quart out.. check the level.. then drain whatever it takes to get the level Down into the Hash Mark area.. on the Dip Stick.

You can do other damages.. with To Much Oil.

Joe

OBTW.. WELCOME TO SDD.COM ;tu;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu

Nice look'n truck !

What kind & weight of oil are you going use.. on yer New To You 7.3 ?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, like Joe said nice looking truck. How many miles on the truck?
If it's had 15 40 Rotella most of it life I would stay with it. The 15-40 should be
fine for living in FL. What all does it have on it, that is Banks?
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome2 Kneil. Watch the oil change place carefully. I don't trust them, so I do my own oil/filter changes.

Dave :)

Kniel3378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The truck has a banks wastegate, larger ball bearing turbo with a true 4" turbo back straight piped mbrp exhaust with a 5" tip. Has a ts tuner. Tranny freshly rebuilt with hd clutches, billet torque converter, sure cute kit, shift kit, and hi flow pump all done by the local aamco and I have all the paperwork. It was done about 2 months ago.

The truck has 209*** on it. Exterior and interior is in flawless shape. The tranny is what really sold me on it. Now if I can just get this oil issue taken care of it should be good to go for a long time!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If your CCV isn't working properly, you will build up pressure in the Crankcase and that will cause the oil to blow at the dipstick tube.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14