Help Needed 2004 F-250 Bucks and Jerks

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 04' F-250 6.0. When I am crusing down the road in OD it bucks (almost feels like you are hitting the expansion joints on the hyway, it is very light). When pulling a hill it bucks hard if you step into the accelorator without it shifting down. Once it downshifts it quits. It seams to only do it at low RPM's but not at an idle or driving in town.
I have an Insight monitor and have been watching all the readings from all that it alows me to. All the readings are fine and dont get eratic when it is doing this. I have no codes, no lights. Oil was just changed 750 miles ago along with both fuel filters. I change the fuel filters everyother oil change. I have an electronic (autometer/Rouch) Fuel Pressure guage in my 650 dash mod and it hardly ever moves off 50psi.
I am running a SCT X3 with EGR Delete on street tune. The EGR valve is still there as a plug for now. I tried the stock tune and it does the same thing. I have done the FICM Solder mod about a year ago due to hard starting when cold. The only thing that Ford has ever done to this truck is an EGR replacement back in 04' and a oil cooler replacement in 05'. The truck has 149,*** on it and has ran like a top up till now.
I have been reading posts on various forums about this same problem, most of them do not have what people have found out posted.

2004 F-250 4x4, 6.0, AT, 4" lift, 35" x 12.50" Attitude MT's, SCT X3, Insight Monitor, ZooDad, F-650 Dash Mod, Rouch Fuel Pressure Gauge.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I know when mine started doing that is was shortly after I found out I had one bad battery and my FICM decided to crap out shortly after that. The FICM's are very touchy in these trucks when it comes to voltage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14