2006 6.0 reliable?

shooterscool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I getting ready to buy a new truck. I have heard that the 6.0 had alot of serious trouble when it was first introduced in 2003. I am a very Ford truck loyal person and will buy a used 7.3 before I will buy from another maker. But I would much rather buy a new truck with a warranty than a used one without. Any info would be appriciated.

Ray

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
IMHO (take that from a guy driving a 95 PSD) I would own an 06 6.0 before I would own an 08 6.4.

The last couple of years of the 6.0 had a better track record than the 7.3 in terms of customer satisfaction and recalls. Someone has the link to back that up somewhere.

shooterscool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
no hurry but...

I wont be buying their brand new engine either based on the start up of the 6.0. I'm not a big fan of first model year on anything. It usually seems to take them a few trys to get any good and right. JMO.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 here...not a problem to speak of (1 egr replaced under warrenty)
other wise the only other time it was in the shop was month one
for a trans recall (and i didnt have any problem to begin w/).

im @ 50k (trucks been sitting a lot since weve finished our move)

ive towed several cars for friends on our 18ft open trailer (connecticut
to houston & houston to virginia, dallas to houston & motorcycles back
and forth from houston to virginia)....probably the better part of 15k
miles towing 8-10k...and ive never had an issue.

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a hot shot driver hauling for us that has 192,000 miles on his 06 6.0 and no problems.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
IMHO (take that from a guy driving a 95 PSD) I would own an 06 6.0 before I would own an 08 6.4.

The last couple of years of the 6.0 had a better track record than the 7.3 in terms of customer satisfaction and recalls. Someone has the link to back that up somewhere.
i agree with this wholeheartedly. get a late 04 thru 06 with the 6.0. it a MUCH better motor than the 7.3.
the 6.4 w/the new emissions crap will take a while for the aftermarket industry to figure out, and i'd give it a few years for ford to work out the bugs just like when then 6.0 first came out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14