2007 F-150 Diesel

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from a very reliable source on the radio this morning that there will be a 2007 F-150 diesel. Jerry Reynolds of Prestige Ford in Garland, TX hosts an automotive talk show on WBAP 820 AM from 9 to 11 AM Saturdays. Jerry was at one time, the national chairman of the Ford Dealer Council and is one of the top Ford dealers in the nation. A guy called in who currently has a F250 diesel and asked about downsizing to a Ranger because of the high diesel prices. During the conversation, Reynolds told him to hold off because in 2007, Ford would offer the F150 with a diesel. He said he didn't know if it would be a V-6 or a V-8, but he did state it would happen. The show has a website: www.thecarguyshow.com that you can check out and send him an e-mail to get more information. He gets thousands of e-mails, but says he reads them all. He also interviewed the guy who was the lead designer of the 2005 Mustang. I would have called and asked him to elaborate on the 150, but I was running some errands and didn't want to be in and out of my truck while on hold. Also, during the show, they were discussing alternative vehicles (such as hybrids), he said that it appeared that diesels would be more likely then hybrids and mentioned that BMW and Honda have announced plans for diesels. Should get very interesting.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I just got a 2005 Ranger two days ago because of the high price of fuel. I've heard rumors similar to this before and will be anxious to see what comes to fruition. If the 2007 F-150 diesel turns out to be a winner...I may consider selling my 1997 F-350 for a more fuel efficient truck. Time will tell.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
An F150 with a Diesel I'm game for :)

With Jerry putting his reputation on the line making that statement I'd wanna say I'll buy it :sweet

Bill

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured his statement was more factual than anything I've heard on any sites in the past. With his Ford connections, he should have an inside track. Maybe I should invite him to this forum. As you know, his ads state that he's the top Ford dealer in Texas and also one of the top Ford dealers in the nation. I think he's also a contributor to "The Wall Street Journal" and other major publications.

Max Power

Reaction score
IMO the first one to the market with a GOOD light duty diesel will make a fortune. Right now we have a LOT of people running around in 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks using their trucks for a car just so they can get a diesel.

Imagine 30mpg in a diesel 1/2 ton? Wouldn't that be nice! The only problem is people will chip them up and try to tow beyond their capabilities.

Max Power

Reaction score
True, but my point was they could end up getting a bad reputation as a result. Similar to the 5.7 and 6.2's. Obviously no where near what todays diesel are but they were capable of good fuel mileage and were fairly reliable until people started using them beyond their intended application.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Understood. I think you'll see drivetrain/chassis problems arise too.

Nah they wouldn't dare use the E4OD and a Hydroformed frame would they :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14