2007 F-150 Diesel

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to Jerry Reynolds and mentioned that with the diesel F150 coming, that a diesel Expedition should follow. Here is his reply: Wayne,

You are correct about the Expedition following shortly afterwards. There is no solid information I can pass along and as you can imagine, Ford is keeping it quiet to try to suppress the competition. But as the largest Ford truck dealer in the country, they talk to me about what is going to sell best. I tend to favor the 6 cylinder, but I suspect it will end up as a small V8.

Thanks for listening to the show.

Jerry Reynolds
Owner, Prestige Ford of Garland TX and Edmond OK, Prestige Lincoln-Mercury Mazda-Dallas and Prestige Dodge-Dallas. Direct: (972) 864-3675

Tune into the Jerry Reynolds Auto Advice Show now 9AM to 11AM Saturdays, on WBAP 820 AM or on the web at WBAP.com or our website at www.carguyshow.com

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
I agree there will be a diesel in a 1/2 ton pickup platform in the near future for Ford but it will not be the 07 model year IMO. Maybe I am wrong but one thing I do know for sure it will not be a VT265 4.5 liter diesel as it was planned to be. VT265 is the little brother to the VT365 aka 6.0 liter it just has 2 cylinders lopped off. Ford and Navistar have recently gotten into a scuff again over what exactly I am not sure I have some different theories but nothing based on fact, the plans to use the twin-turbo VT265 that should hit the streets soon in the new Navistar and Ford LCF chassis will not be in an F150 as I assume this is the 07 engine this guy is referring to. Instead the scuttle on the streets is that Nissan will be the first to offer a 1/2 ton diesel using the VT265 from Navistar. Like I said this is all conjecture on my part based on what I have been able to get from different people at Ford and Blue Diamond.

Did have an interesting situtation happen the other day. Engineer from Cummins Engine came to our dealership and ask to see all of the different sizes of turbo CAC boots we had as they were installing a Cummins in a 05 F450 wouldn't tell me anymore than they planned to test the "Mystery" engine for the next 6 years in 10-12 different Ford chassis and offer them to Ford appearantly it is something completely different than the 5.9 so it won't affect the non-compete they have with Chrysler on the 5.9. Don't get to excited though I guess they do this every 4-6 years in case the contract with Chrysler falls thru.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14