-30 cold

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Didn't expect it to get that cold last night. Kinda like Crumm or Canadian weather. Last week it was 35 degrees and 16" of snow. Did get 41 hours overtime plowing and sanding tho. Seems like winter arrived during x-mass and new year with a bang. What ever happened with that global warming thing?

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I live in maple grove, mn. And yea, lets just say my psd didn't like starting this morning at 5:00 am

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It was -26 at 5:00 am, but I didn't plug the truck in. It had only been sitting for about 8 hours, so it fired about decently, considering the cold.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
News said we set record lows 3 days in a row but it is warming up. Was -30 then -26 then -22 and it got into the single didgits for the high today.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It was -26 at 5:00 am, but I didn't plug the truck in. It had only been sitting for about 8 hours, so it fired about decently, considering the cold.

They will start at -26° but the oil is like molasses. Much easier on the engine to plug it in. After 8 hours there is no heat left in the engine. I hear people around here talking about how there vehicles start fine at -30° so why plug them in then a few months later you hear them talking about how there rig is in the shop getting a new engine.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
f100:

on the O.T. - i was wondering about you last week when i was plowing myself...i am contained in a parking lot in lakeville (i do the supertarget/best buy/applebees & buffalo wild wings lots off of 185th)....got to see DOT up and down 35 all day and nite... i don't think you come that far north - do you?

i've had mine plugged in since sunday on the timer for 3 hours each morning in case i need to run errands - which i do just to warm things up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14