4" exhaust

C&S

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what advantages/disadvantages there are between putting on a turbo back system vs. a cat back system.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
turbo-back will cause it to breathe better obviously, cat back will help, but not nearly as much as the turbo-back EGT-wise

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Advantages are as mentioned. freer flowing and lower EGT's, disadvantages are price and install time.

Let me give you the official SDD welcome since that was your first post.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Yes, welcome C&S! Are you related to that British grocery store chain of the same name? :D

Fine69

Reaction score
Horsepower-wise, not a bit of difference. EGT wise, you'll see a slight derease with a stock tune. It really helps when you start running aftermarket programmers, and if you get up around 450 HP. You'll see Greater benefits with the lower EGT's.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome C&S ....
Obviously, the full turbo back will give you the best benefit as far as flow, egt's, and HP....
(the numbers I've heard are about 200 degrees EGT drop with just a full flow MUFFLER, and about 25 HP for a good mandrel bent turbo back...)

The Cat back will probably give you about 75% of the benefit of a turbo back.... egt's/flow/hp...

and SOME feel the cat back is more warranty friendly, although that is a HOTLY debated topic :)

good luck !
And since you're one of those Dang Yankees you'd best get a stainless exhaust to fight off the salts for a few years :)

or you could chose the Walker BTM muffler that was suggested to me... and has worked out well... for < $100 installed I have a significant drop in egt's and better sounding exhaust until I'm ready to do the full turbo back...

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14