4" exhaust

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
i am asking this for my friend. What is a good easy bolt on 4 inch exhaust for an '01 ext. cab long bed PSD? no muffler or cat will be used
He also wants a 3" down pipe

Neal

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP is the cheapest one I know of that has a 3 inch down pipe or a 4 inch. You choose when you order.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
forgot to ask this do you need to bend the firewall on the superduties, i know you do on the obs, but not sure on the superduties

thanks

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Dieselpwrdredneck said:
forgot to ask this do you need to bend the firewall on the superduties, i know you do on the obs, but not sure on the superduties

thanks

MBRP has my vote, didn't need to bend the firewall. Only had to cut the old downpipe to get it out past the trans cross member.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock down pipe in a SD is a 3" unit already... You want a full 4" turbo back, they can be had cheap if you don't need SS ( salt? )

I have a MBRP and like it but a little $$$

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Dieselpwrdredneck,

MBRP and AFE are going to be good for what you asked about. They come with 4.0 down pipes (the AFE has a short 3.5 inch section just off the turbo) and they are good quality. If you have any questions on them let us know. We have the AFE on a special price right now by the way!

Mark @ DPPI

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
Dieselpwrdredneck,

MBRP and AFE are going to be good for what you asked about. They come with 4.0 down pipes (the AFE has a short 3.5 inch section just off the turbo) and they are good quality. If you have any questions on them let us know. We have the AFE on a special price right now by the way!

Mark @ DPPI

I have the AFE system. I think the 3.5" to 4" transition adds quite a bit of in cab noise. The transition happens halfway down the downpipe. It's either that, or the my cab itself is a lot louder than my brother's 2002. My cousin's 2002 isn't as loud as mine inside either. They both have Jegs systems, which I'm not too fond of. The AFE is much easier to install than the Jegs. And it doesn't cost much more either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14