bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its sounds pretty good to me, or am i missing something????:D

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running Amsoil 5-40.........

I have been seeing a lot of talk about straight piping these trucks and the noise level so I shot the video for anyone wanting to hear the sound for themselves.

Reaction score
heck youtube is full of videos. I'm thinkin real hard about it but livin in a motel not sure how everyone else will think of it. I know i'm gonna love it :D

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i loved the straight pipe on mine. and the beauty (unlike a dodge) you cant hear it in the cab. only when the windows are down! i loved that about mine! and i miss it everyday...

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd... takes your truck a long time for the vanes to close in on the turbo. Mine does it in about 5 seconds from a cold start. I'm running the Rotella 5w-40 syn... seems to do pretty well with it...

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if it has always done that but I think that's the way she runs. I'm switching to the Valvoline or maybe going back to Rotella on the next oil change.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
What's even more weird is the sound the turbo makes. On mine, it's more of a high pitched whistle than the sound yours puts out. Kinda like it sounds when you're accelerating it in that video. But at idle.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now i use Rotella 5-40...gonna switch over 2 Amsoil 5-40 my next oil change

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14