6.4 twins on a 7.3

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
Do you all think it could be done. I'm looking at a set of twins without piping off a 6.4 and was just curoius if it could be done or if anyone has thought about it.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never thought about that. Kind of curious as to what people say about this. Hows the dually-X going?

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
Man I'm trying to win a bid on ebay for a set of factory ford dually wheels. The four aluminum's and the two steelies. Wait and see. I thought I was going to do a similar dual wheel setup like I did on my dodge using non dually steel wheels on the inside and using the front dually hub adapters (two per side) and then the stock 2500 wheels on the outside but I haven't got as big a tire on the X as I do my Dodge so I am going to use dually wheels instead. Hard to make sense without pics but I haven't got any yet.

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Well good luck with your question about the twins. That would be intresting.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what ive heard thay wont fit its a compleatly different mounting system and thay wont even fit on a 6.0.

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
So fab a mount. At one point in time twins didn't fit on anything until somebody came up with a way to do it. I need some hardcore evidence to support the pros and cons.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
if your gonna go with twins i would go with aftermarket chargers instead of the stockers from the 6.4. i have heard that the twins on the 6.4 aren't quite as great as they could be but who knows. i haven't had any experience with them. i would like to see them work, you can make any chargers fit as long as you can make the mounts with the oil pickup/drain, its just finding the space for them. i got a buddy trying to make a mount for a cummins HX-35 turbo for his powerstroke so i'm sure you could make them fit somehow.

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
I'm sure if it goes on long enough I might find someone who has done it. I was just curious because I know where there are a few sets sitting just minus everything to hook them up for cheap money and only used for 50hrs.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So fab a mount. At one point in time twins didn't fit on anything until somebody came up with a way to do it. I need some hardcore evidence to support the pros and cons.

But the 6.4 twins were made for the 6.4. I don't think they were just sitting around and the said hey, lets put those twins in this new motor.

Both turbos and engine were designed for each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14