7.3 tune

kman500hp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2001 psd crewcab 4x4 with 4inch lift 35's and I am looking to make as much power as I can without installing the hpop. Which tuner or programmer would you recommend. Along with exhaust and air intake. I am getting ready but I would like to buy the good stuff the first time. I currenty have a 80hp superchips plug in chip. It throws the service engine soon light at will everytime you accelarate. I took it out and installed a superchips downloader with 100hp. I works ok no more service engine light, but I cant adjust my speeddometer for correct tire size and it really doesnt impress me much with the addtional power. It looks like everyone likes the afe stage ll intake. How about 5" exhaust? Any info would be much appreciated. Also I have been looking at the ts performance 6 position flipchip. The only thing I am afraid of is it hooks up to my computer like the superchip plug in chip.Do you think it will make my service engine light come back on? I cant correct tire size with it either. I am not opposed to installing this chip if it is "the Stuff". Thanks, Randy.

kman500hp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone other than jvencius have any info on this subject? I have been reading and reading but havent really found an answer yet.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no answer, just a lot of personal opinions. You can read through them and make up your own mind. MBRP for exhausts and AFE for intake filters. Chips??????

Dave

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your SES light was from one of two things, overboost and or ICP pressure.

Anything over 4" exhaust is just for looks, there is no performance gain from over 4"
Joe

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DP Tuner has worked good for me. Try a tune by sending him your PCM for $75. If you like it, buy a flip chip. For exhaust, I went with MBRP

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I will 2nd the DP Tuner. It is great and makes good power but is also the only one that I have used so I can't speak for the other tuners. For the exhaust I went with a MBRP 4 inch turbo back and the intake I went with the AFE stage2. I would also get some gauges pryo,trans, and boost so you dont kill your engine.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will 2nd the DP Tuner. It is great and makes good power but is also the only one that I have used so I can't speak for the other tuners.

Actually, I think a few people have gone from Superchips or Hyperjunk to DP and they are impressed. Within my year there are several PCM options. That tells me that the other tuners are doing a "one size fits all" approach whereas DP-Tuner has a specific tune for the specific PCM. What do you think fits better most of the time? A custom tailored suit or something you get off the rack and do a "hope and pray"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14