850hp,14 inches in diameter,150lb engine.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
http://angellabsllc.com/index.html

myt_engine.jpg

Reaction score
I'd like to see more of this thing. They said they put it in a Ford Fusion.

850 HP
Diesel or Bio-Diesel B-20 - will run on 100% Soy
No oil when running diesel -as the fuel lubes the motor
can piggy back it for double the HP
800 ft lbs of torque at 800 rpm

Way cool -

Ron

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
That is SO cool, they must start putting that in Superduty's for testing

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Is this a quasi-turbine?

Can anybody actually tell how it works based on the diagrams? I sure can't.

Notice the spark plug? If it needs a spark plug, it cannot be THAT efficient. Quasi-turbine with carriages engines use HCCI (homogeneous combustion, compression ignition) for ignition, which is just about as efficient as it gets in an internal combustion engine.

What is more, the bulk and beef of an 850 horse engine is only partially a result of the pressures and bulk of the reciprocating mass. The rest is due to the fact that throught the motor mounts, the engine takes on every ounce of leverage torque applied to the wheels (equal and opposite reactions, and all).

THis 150 pound engine could not handle the torque of 850 horsepower applied to a 50,000 pound load without shearing in half (JMHO).

Besides, are you really telling me that an organization with the money and wherewithal to produce a REVOLUTION in internal combustion engines that could change the way we get around, doesn't have any more money to design a web=page than that?

It looks to me like the BS flag needs a good raising, although, I hope like heck they prove me wrong someday, because that would really be a heck of an advancement.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Spark plug setup is for a Gasoline version, I've been communicating with some of the developers of this engine, very sincere group of fella's. They are currently in works with a Boat Mnf. for initial instalations and trials.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Frankenstien said:
Spark plug setup is for a Gasoline version, I've been communicating with some of the developers of this engine, very sincere group of fella's. They are currently in works with a Boat Mnf. for initial instalations and trials.
BS flag officially unhoisted...

I am extremely interested at this point. My computer at work won't support animations, I guess I need to go home and log onto that site and check out how this thing works.

The thing that gets me is that the combustion chamber displacement is listed as 850 CI. If the thing is really 14" in diameter, and is about 1.5 feet long as it appears in the picture, then this thing is 96% combustion chamber. THat doesn't leave a lot of room for moving parts! I am very curious!

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
Only has 50 parts total. Doesn't have that many moving parts.
Jim

That part is what makes me really hoist the BS flag. There are 8 pistons each with at least 2 rings that is 24 parts right there. Then there must be sprag etc. to control the piston movement that is quete a few parts, plus bearings, carburator or injector coils spark plugs yadadaddada. Parts wise it is not a huge advatage over traditional. Also, they state PREDIDCTED HP numbers all over but I do not see any real test numbers, why not? That said, it looks very clever. I need to go out there and visit them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14