96 F350 Died on highway

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Actually in the electrical field it's called letting the "magic" smoke out, cause without that magic it don't work no more

82FordTruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
KansasDiesel said:
No problem about last night we had prayer meeting at church, yes prayed for a soultion for the truck. 82 Ford- I would appriciate the help Fri and Sat, If I can't get this running before Sat. I will need to barrow a truck or rent one. I have checked fuel from the heads, lots of flow.

I believe when the truck died the CEL was thrown then, but you know getting out on 24/40 hwy in the morning from my place your paying more attention to the traffic then the truck. I didn't clear the code till I replaced the CPS.

Question I have, Is there any connection to the failling to start and the CPS going out? If the truck died just because of the CPS common sence would say replace the CPS and all will be well. No so in my case. So is there anything that would make the CPS fail and I am not finding the initial problem?

:dunno :dunno :dunno

Very interesting.....

I'll come over after work Friday. You may have luck with Al's salvage. Can't remember if he's got any strokes over there, but if he does, and can't figure out what that part is, you can probably get it for about what a case of beer runs.....

Don't rent anything - just let me know what you need and I'll help out.

82FordTruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Actually in the electrical field it's called letting the "magic" smoke out, cause without that magic it don't work no more

That's an inteeresting concept. That smoke is good, so we try to keep it inside.....

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
JOAT said:
Couldn't hurt, as long as they take precautions against static. Some of the IC's are likely sensitive.

BTW I keep saying check the 12v, but of course grounds are equally important.

Thanks for the warning, We have the static table and precautions at work to help prevent static discharge.

I have check the pwr and gnd to the unit, they were fine. While cranking the engine.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you end up needing an IDM, give Rocky at Rockin S Performance a holler at 303-907-1465. He may have one that he will let go.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
twildman said:
If you end up needing an IDM, give Rocky at Rockin S Performance a holler at 303-907-1465. He may have one that he will let go.

Thanks Tony, I think I will get this one opened up and see if the Factory Smoke has left. And if our Avionics guys here at work can figure out what let go of the Smoke. If I need one I will give him a call

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
82FordTruck said:
Very interesting.....

I'll come over after work Friday. You may have luck with Al's salvage. Can't remember if he's got any strokes over there, but if he does, and can't figure out what that part is, you can probably get it for about what a case of beer runs.....

Don't rent anything - just let me know what you need and I'll help out.

I will take you up on that offer to barrow your truck, it won't take long if you got time Sat maybe just go along with me.

Would you have time to call Al's I would appriciate it, about a year ago he had a PSD up there. If you got time that is. If not I suppose I can go up there Sat. . A case of Beer? Is that cheap stuff or that imported stuff... Taking a look at the place I bet the cheaper the better :) It would be nice to have a IDM I could swap real quick and see if that's really the problem, like JOAT suggested eariler.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Opened up the IDM, did not smell anything burnt, no signs of water. I am still not convienced that it is the IDM. :cool: maybe I can find a PSD to test drive for a couple of hours:sorry I really wouldn't do that but I wish I could determine for sure if it's the IDM or not.

Still chasing wires, but haven't seen any problems there either.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I think finding someone willing to donate a PSD to slap your IDM into is really what you need to do. How far is Luke from you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14