Question 97 7.3L runs rought and than smoothes out

wernerco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
there are no codes and the check engine light comes on and the engine startes to run rought after runnning for a short time the check engine light goes off and runs smooth

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
When the CEL comes on it has set a code in the PCM, what are you using to try to read the code?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find that specific scanner is it the 2008 software update or model 2008 scanner?

OTC makes some that will work and others that will not work, the OTC scanners that are sold at most retail outlets will not work on the PSD

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be just being internet retarted but I still am having difficulty finding a model 2008 on OTC's website

Would you link me to the one you have and I'll try to figure out if it is capable of communicating with the PSD. Keep in mind that the PSD is not 100% OBDII compliant even though it has an OBDII plug. it exceeds the GVW for required compliance.

An easy way to determine if it will pull the codes is to intentionally trigger a CEL & code by unplugging the EBPV sensor or MAP sensor and see if your scanner will read the code.

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
I may be just being internet retarted but I still am having difficulty finding a model 2008 on OTC's website

Would you link me to the one you have and I'll try to figure out if it is capable of communicating with the PSD. Keep in mind that the PSD is not 100% OBDII compliant even though it has an OBDII plug. it exceeds the GVW for required compliance.

An easy way to determine if it will pull the codes is to intentionally trigger a CEL & code by unplugging the EBPV sensor or MAP sensor and see if your scanner will read the code.
BJS, try this (its in spanish but has some specifications)
MercadoLibre: scanner profesional otc nemisys version 2008 motor abs tran - BsF 6300.00

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doc, Sorry for the delay in the response I had family visiting and never turned the computer on.

From what I can tell that one will not read your PSD codes :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14