97 f-250 down!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
awww, mucho problems, that is my luck lol

Hmm, won't shift out of park, can you SHIFT it on the column at all? or when you do it won't go anywhere?

Strokin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahaha that would be great if that was it..If i turn the key on to unlock the column the truck will shift out of park, but will not shift out of park when the truck is running..also truck has no steering!
HELP!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Well,

Just making sure ;)

Hmmmmm, no steering? like no power steering? or wont' do anything?

MAN, you got problems!

What happened? was this truck running fine before?

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Strokin05 said:
hahahaha that would be great if that was it..If i turn the key on to unlock the column the truck will shift out of park, but will not shift out of park when the truck is running..also truck has no steering!
HELP!

The steering part you need to elaborate on.

The won't shift out of park, check your brake lights. Odds are they aren't working either so probably a fuse, brake switch, or wiring issue.

Strokin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is a buddy of mines....It was in an accident nice looking truck but it is a big mess between the shop/lawyers/him. the body shop f*d him around I'd say...No steering at all! brake lights I will have to check for..

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
No steering? I assume the fan belt is there and the PS pump is turning? Is the steering wheel locked up or just very hard to turn? If it is locked up the column may be damaged. If it turns very hard there is probably a problem with the Power Steering.

If the #22 fuse was blown and it happens to blow again he has a problem with the fuel heater in the bottom of the fuel bowl. It can be temporarily disconnected for a quick fix and left that way if he lives in a warm climate.

If the truck shifts out of park when off but will not when running it sounds like there may be some damage in the tranny. The brake light circuit allows the truck to be shifted out of park but if it will shift out with the key on it should shift out when the engine is running too.

How bad of accident was this? Sounds like things are really fouled up.

Strokin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the truck had some frame damage on the pass side...belt is on ps pump is turning just no steering..hard to turn cant get it past the play in the box...i though it might have had some trans damage...if you put the truck in neutal, and start it up, it will drive..still no steering, and will not shift out of park when running....HELP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14