A Good Day................

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Had a good day today...........got a lot done in East Texas.

1) Made contact with with a ham buddy via 2meter radio over a 100+ mile distance despite a 516ft ridge between me and the repeater tower. Must have been good band conditions.

2) Changed the oil on the tractor and serviced the air cleaner. Topped it off with fuel.............used the last 55 gal barrel that I was given 3 years ago. Hate to have to buy diesel now.

3) Changed the oil in the generator.

4) Cut four 1-1/4" x 8" bar stock 34" long to make some weights for my disk plow. Welded some kool lifting eyes on them for ease of installation and removal. Wish I had take a picture of them.

5) Worked on my cultivator.

6) Cultivated my garden again. Can't believe how tenacious those weeds are. Hoed around the plants.

7) Planted some more red potato's and sweet potato's.

I hope my gardening efforts aren't totally in vein. You cannot believe how many deer and hog tracks were in that field. It looked like they were having a convention!!! There were places where they had bedded down in the middle of the field on top of the rows. I think I have just made friends with every wild critter in a 5 mile radius. :( :confused: :(

FWIW................On the way out the door this morning I said to the wife, "It sure is nice of you to let me go spend the whole day with a hoe." She wasn't amused. :(

Tbar

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Cultivated my garden again. Can't believe how tenatious those weeds are.

7) Planted some more red potatos and sweet potatos.
Must be nice. It is still a little frozen and snow covered up here to be cultivating or planting anything..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14