air filter????

atk

Reaction score
anybody ever try the FRAM air filter. seems to be the same material as the OEM, just different colour and a third of the price....thanks

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Outside of oil filters for the 6.0's, the concensus seems to be that fram filters are pretty much bottom of the barrel. If your running the stock housing I would suggest the M/C [Donaldson]. Just my .02

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
You should be good up to 100,000 at least thats what my ford dealer told me.

He said to use an air hose to blow out the dirt and put it back in

been there done that....on the air hose thing.. and not much came out of it anyway...pretty clean...:sweet

have not heard the 100k thing. thought they needed changing wwaayy sooner than that:dunno

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I went to the dealer to buy a replacment for 70.00 dollars.

But the service department (at haidlen ford in Oakdale, CA, the same place i purchased the truck new) said that they are good for a 100k and just to blow it out at 15k intervals and sooner if operating under dusty conditions.

atk

Reaction score
well i don`t know about going 100000k on an air filter...i am not a big fan of blowing an air filter out with compressed air either....i did end up buying the fram filter...but i will compare the fram to the m/c filter when i pull it out...
like i previouly stated, the filter part looks to be the same material just a different colour....thanks for everyones input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14