Alterra Diesel Maxx BioAdditive, anyone heard of this or used it?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know, MPG improvement of four tenths (.4) is not a lot.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting product, I wonder how different this product is from straight biodiesel. B2 blends sold at minnesota stations now claim about the same benefits.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I read the spec page on the product website correctly (big IF :D), 2% soydiesel was tops, then his product, in terms of HFRR (wear rating). Starting from a fuel with a 636 rating (ASTM is <520) this stuff was 270 and 2%SoyBD was 221 microns. By comparison the stuff I generally used rated 575!

A question I have with the testing is that if I read the footnotes properly a different lab (so probably different base fuel) was used on this stuff compared to all others tested...(BP claims a 450 on their diesel, for example, compared to the 636 on the fuel for the other additives, so if they started with this of course it would look better compared to other additives).

Around here, B2% soydiesel is running 5-20 cents/gal over the cheapest ULSD, and this new product is claimed to be 6cents/gal. So if the lab tests are accurate it looks like worth checking into. Have you tried it?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I haven't, just saw it at the truck stop on Saturday.

RSG, can you say that again, but this time so an Alabama simpleton can understand it? :)

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't, just saw it at the truck stop on Saturday.

RSG, can you say that again, but this time so an Alabama simpleton can understand it? :)

:sorry Hell, the water is barely dry from my swim across the Ohio River from Kentucky, and I'm already losing it???:lmao

I meant that IF the lab tests were "fair" then it looks very good both for wear rating and for price. But I cannot tell if the tests were fair, because it seems that two different labs, and 2 different initial fuels, were involved. I see there is another post going around about this same test but w/o your magic funky stuff and dpantzis provided a link to the lab report that explained their process -- it was "fair". But this new elixir is tested somewhere else, by a different lab, using different initial fuel.

Make sense? :innocent :D

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a price check today. B2 running $2.16-$2.20. ULSD at Mobil and Wally World, $197 ($194 with Murphy card)...Another reason why the Ohio river is important.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I happened to be back at the Petro in Gadsden yesterday, after helping my FIL load up a post hole digger for his tractor.

So I bought a 1 gallon jug and will be trying it out after I finish up on the other additives I have been trying. (still have some Howes & 2 cycle oil I need to use first)

If my calculations are correct, it treats 400 gallon, and at 128oz. that would be .32 oz per gallon.

So for my 29 gallon tank, I would use 9.28 oz. and divide that into 128 oz, and this 1 gallon jug should cover almost 14 fill-ups.

Oh, it was 21.99 plus tax.

Just thought I would pass this along.

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
Bama: I've been using this product in my 30gal tank for the last yr. I bought this truck with 260K miles on her and poor maintance habits. After about 8 tanks and 1 fuel filter, the 7.3L started to really idle and run better. {Even the wife noticed the difference} that tells me this product works. I pour in 12oz. every fill up. I use the 12oz pepsi plastic bottles to store the product in. I buy 2 gallons at a time, to help save on shipping. Just a product for owners who are interested in using a product that actually works, along with supporting our soybean farmers.

Diesel Fuel Additive - SoyClean: Safe, Non-toxic, Natural, Bio-based Products

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58