Question Any good extended warranty plans out there

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have searched on this site, and on the internet for an extended warranty plan. Could someone that has some experience with a good company pass the info along. I have a 2007 F 350 dually, with 6.0 and 40,000 miles. I want a powertrain warranty that will take over when the factory plan is over.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What about the Ford Extended Warranty? I had it and I liked it, except for the cost, about 1200 dollars.

Dave

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford extended warranty

The info I have read on the sites that sell it online, looks like to me, it only covers the a short time after the factory 3-36 ends. I would like to have something that would start after the engine warranty expires at 100K mark. If I am misunderstanding the info please help me out:dunno
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The Ford warranty goes to 100,000 miles or 7 years. I hit the 100,000 mark earlier this year.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Aftermarket warranty companies come and go. I have heard way too many stories about people being left with no warranty when the warranty company goes broke and disappears. It is also hard to find shop's that will honor aftermarket warranties. Only one I would recommend is a Ford Factory ESP, the rest of them are not worth the paper they are written on.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty

ford also offers an extended one to 200k but it doesnt cover evrytthing the original onee did

Is there a limit on how old a truck they will warranty with this 200k warranty? For instance, what if you purchased a 2001 Super Duty that still didn't have 200,000 miles. Would they cover that?

I'm a little weary of warranties, only because they seem to have all the fine print in order to get out of paying for repairs.

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ford also offers an extended one to 200k but it doesnt cover evrytthing the original onee did

I will check with dealer about the 200k warranty, I drive a lot of miles, 1500, to 2000 a week, My 100k warranty won't last to long. I am more interested in the miles than the time.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Aftermarket warranties have been a problem for me in the past because of delays. The dealer has to call in for authorization and sometimes can't start work until they send out an inspector. If your time means anything to you? Just get the Ford backed coverage, yes it cost more but my experience is the lack of aggravation is worth every penny!

I only have stock trucks though so someone with MODS may have a different experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14