I'm Here! Anyone realy off-road there SD?

bluetruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. Live in central CA, Only owner of a 03 F250 6.0, auto, XLT sport 4x4 supercab with the camper package and 80,000 miles. Only things I have done SCT, 4" cat back,AFE, zodad,285/75 BFG muds.
Years ago I built a suzuki samurai with 33", lockers, 4 to1,4.62 and stuff. Got rid of it as I needed a daily driver and was it to ATV's. Now, I'm getting the bug again and was thinking of building up my SD. In the passed I have been to the Rubicon, Duzy/Ershim, The Hammers, Moab. Lots of rock crawling not much mud out here.
So, anyone rockcrawling there SD, and if so, What you got?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Let me know WHEN you are going to the Rubicon. I want to have several cameras and other video equipment, so I can get all of the shots. I have NOT been through the Rubicon in some years. I drove my Jeep ('46 CJ-2A and not even stock) through there for 15 years and I never saw anything bigger than a Chevy Blazer, all jacked, go through. Watching a Ford SD go on that trail would be something to see.

Dave :) :) :)

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do any serious rock crawling with my old truck (specs below) but I did off-road it several times. I found that is was great on the harder packed trails and mild rock faces but sank right to the bottom of anything soft which usually involved winching the truck out.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i offroad mine occasionally for work not so much fun, and usually there is a trailer following me :D
mines an OBS, and not much for serious rock crawling like what you see out in rubicon.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres something wrong about rockcrawling a 10k pound truck. The out come would not be good...but thats me..LOL

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Mine goes off road and not always by intention but hey...............

Welcome to the site, I used to live in the San Joaquin Valley also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl