Anyone use Biodiesel?

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies.

I have a diesel tank and would be willing to purchase ~250 gallons of biodiesel at a time if anyone knows of someone in SE OK or NE TX that can deliver. I live on a 600 acre ranch and can use it in several trucks.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only found Opti-Lube online. No dealer around here. Opti-Lube Advanced Lubricants

My next option is TC-W3 ashless 2 stroke motor oil. 1oz per gallon ( which is double what the study shows). Runs quieter now. And cheaper I think.

Mind you guys, this is for older trucks. I wouldnt run anything like this in a truck with a DPF. IIRC

Last edited:

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I've been running BD for about 50,000 miles. I always pass a 3/27 test, then water wash and keep soap below 100ppm. I had a weird occurrence a few months ago the FICM and all 8 injectors went all at once. I can't believe that event was fuel related though.

If you have a DPF prior to 2011, BD is not a good idea. The regen cycle will contaminate your engine oil with BD due to BD's higher vaporization temp. Many owners of DPF equipped diesels, using BD, had been seeing an increase of as much as 2 quarts in the crankcase between oil changes.For 2011 Ford reportedly changed to a 9th injector placed in the exhaust stream, thereby negating the contamination problems in the earlier models, caused by the regen cycle injecting fuel into the cylinders late in the exhaust cycle.

Last edited:

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
Also Bd has been proven to have better lubricity than Petrodiesel. As for SVO the jury is still out. Most feel that any common rail system should not use SVO or WVO. There are some new treatments (centrifuge) that may make SVO and WVO acceptable. I know of a few who are mixing centrifuged WVO with 10% Petro. with great results so far. Only time will tell.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
I too was making my own just don't have time right now have 500 gal of oil waiting on me did a trip to fla in 07 took 110 gal of bio with almost made the whole trip on 100% bio and yes I still water wash!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim