Arctic Cat make a diesel ATV, saw one today!

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ALASKA- did you see this thing in action at all?

Nah, not really. When we were finished talking to him, he put it in reverse and goosed the throttle a little and the rear tire spun out pretty quick. Not sure if it was all that massive diesel torque power or he was on a chunk of ice! I saw him later driving around, but it looked like any other ATV. He was to far away to hear the engine under load, but I thought it was interesting at any rate. Now if they throw a turbo on that thing from their 4 stroke snowmaching lineup, that'd be cool.

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah they have been around for a few years but are not popular up here in the cold. I would still like one :D

If I remember right the twin cylinder diesel in the Arctic Cat is made my Lombardini.

Yeah, I'm looking at the two seater 4 wheeler with a winch and plow, but I'll probably stick to a gasser, a 500 or so. You're right, Lombardini makes the diesel for the AC's. If I go to the Ice Park again, I'm bringing my camera and seeing if I can get some shots of that thing. Oh, and take pictures of the ice sculptures, yeah, that too!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14