Auto shifting problems

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 f-350 173000 miles, tranny rebuilt at 168000 miles, since the rebuild I have thought it still was not right. I have noticed an some days that it will shift into overdrive between 45-50 mph, and on other days, on the same roads I have to let off the accelerator to get it to shift into overdrive. I have occationially noticed that it hesitates to shift into overdrive. When I put it into reverse it also sounds like the torque converter shifts, Like a Hi-Lo. The other times I have a problem is when I am hauling, it will not always shift into 4th???? unless I turn the overdrive on (turn the light off). Once It shifts I can turn overdrive off and it will run fine. The truck shows no codes, and the dealership that did the rebuild argues that the hesitation into overdrive is normal(not pulling). The truck use to have a BANKS Trans command unit on it, when I had it rebuilt it, I took the trans module off and put the jumper wire in it ( had to for warranty, the tech saw it and said I had to). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14