back from Mexico (picked up oil leak)

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my trip to Mexico, everything went good (see pics) Didnt have any trouble, weather was good, camping was great.
Quick question, when i got back i went to change the oil and noticed oil leaking off the back exhaust area on both sides of the motor (see pics). I figured out that it was coming from the intake manifold area, when i parked in my sloped driveway, I can barely see anything on top of the manifold (too many hoses) there appears to be something just behind the oil filter down in the valley,oil is might be coming from this i couldnt see for all the obstructions.
Any way anybody got any guess as to what leaks oil in the valley area that might be worth looking at.
Not sure if i caused this, i was rolling at about 95MPH for an extented period of time on my return trip maybe i pushed to hard for too long ??????

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you had a real nice trip, 95MPH for an extented period of time, were you out running the drug Lords. LOL Glad to have you back on this side.

Doug

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I had oil in the valley that dripped down the back of the motor from oil pushing out the x pipe couplers. took that out cleaned it up and reinstalled with hair spray and immediately did the CCV mod so that would never happen again.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I see you were gassing up for the long trip back.....LOL:D

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i guess i didnt word that too well, but i really have an oil leak coming from the valley and dripping down the back of each head, i was just looking for some common items to look at, i will check the CCV as stated, although im not sure what the hair spray is for maybe somebody could elaborate on this cleaning technique????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14