big fuel leak!!!

Shawnrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My buddy's '00 has a bad fuel leak. It appears to be concentrated on the passenger side. He said it will dump about a quart of fuel after shut down.
He is going on a long trip tomorrow and needs his rig. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!!:thanks

dpantazis

Reaction score
where along the passenger side?

where on the passenger side? in the engine bay or under the cab?

i am guessing that its the engine bay- the fuel tank, pump and lines are on the driver side.

EZ suggestions-

1. fuel filter drain is on the passenger side. its the yellow handle. the o-rings are known to go bad. gotta google to find pics. sorry. is the lever in the closed position?

2. filter cap ok? if stuff drains into the vally, it seems to end up running down the passenger side of the motor. above the starter.

3. vibralock fittings: kinda like ribber washers under the compression nuts on the fuel lines. these are known to break down.

dennis

Shawnrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my friend and he said that the valley was dry. He also said that it has almost completely stopped leaking which makes me think that the water seperater may have been open a bit and was leaking under pressure when the truck was shut off. Thanks for the info!
Shawn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14