Boom ... One less 4R100 in the World

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well it finaly happened, My tranny scattered it's self. It was just a matter of time I guess. Things will only take so much abuse before they complain. It's the first tranny I have ever heard go with a real bang though, it sounded like someone hit it with a sledge hammer. Tranny shop can't fix it untill next week but I wonder if you guys have any ideas what goes bang like that.

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The truck has 264000km on it or 164042miles. I figured that somting was up when it had a steady drip anytime I towed something. I took it to a few different tranny shops and they all said that I must have boiled it over but I think that it was a seal that was leaking.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
164k miles is better than the average for 4R100 transmissions but you got good miles out of it:sweet

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
sounds like the front pump seal was leaking... happened to mine - got that fixed in November, then a couple weeks ago, she went bye bye... turns out I have an early build 2001 (aug 2000 thru march 2001) with the mechanical diode tranny that just happened to last longer than expected and was esentially a ticking time bomb...

good luck on the repair/fix! are you building it up or just fixing it to stock?

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Failure is the perfect oppertunity to improve on a weakness. Im building it up. ;tuA while ago I asked on the forum if any one had heard of the North American Powertrain Components "Heavy Hauler" NAPC- Engineered Beyond the Gears™ - Heavy Hauler®
No One had any comments about them though.:dunno
This is the Unit that I am thinking about upgrading to. If not this unit then I will be putting in a BD Valve Body and Torque Converter.

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BTS is a long way from here and getting somthing like that over the boarder in to Canada would cost a mint.
To make the week even better I rearended a Dump Truck in my Company truck this afternoon . What else is going to happen?

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
wow man, that sucks! Seems when it rains it pours... I went thru a stretch where I totaled my maxima (92 model) after hitting a deer comming home from work ( was an hour drive one way) at midnight in the middle of November, then wrecked my work vehicle in the middle of a blizzard (we do'nt get those in Oklahoma....) in december, then in Jan, I flooded out the replacment nissan sentra I had prchased by falling into a HUGE pothole in a trck stop parking lot... 3 months, 3 vehciels damaged... yah -- it sucked...

then here 2 weeks ago - I jacked up the nissan maxima (had been rebuild) trying to redo the front end axles, crushed my $300 phone in the tailgate of my truck, then lost the transmission in my Ford 2 hours from home...

Needless to say, I feel your pain.. and it can only get better!

as for your trans, I have not heard of that company, but BD seems to be very well liked up in Canada, although they are a tad expensive!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14