Brake Pads

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a quick seach and didn't find what I was really looking for.

I have 205K on my truck and I think stock pads. Anyway the last couple months they have started to squeak and the last few days it was screaming at me as I come thru the gate with my window down to change them.

So just wondering what brand and pad you use when replacing your front disc brake pads and where you got them from. I was thinking of just heading down to autozone but would buy a better pad if it wasn't outrageiously priced.

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I did a quick seach and didn't find what I was really looking for.

I have 205K on my truck and I think stock pads. Anyway the last couple months they have started to squeak and the last few days it was screaming at me as I come thru the gate with my window down to change them.

So just wondering what brand and pad you use when replacing your front disc brake pads and where you got them from. I was thinking of just heading down to autozone but would buy a better pad if it wasn't outrageiously priced.

Just my opinion, but as long as it still stops good, I'll go cheaper on the pads, those high metallic pads eat up rotors, on a car where rotors are 20 bucks a piece who cares, they're not even worth turning, but our truck's rotors aren't cheap.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the ones from autozone and they seem to work well. I have had to replace the rotors once but can't complain about that when it had 300K on the originals.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the PFC carbon metallic pads from Autozoo on my truck an like them however I'm running NAPA's higher grade rotors because when I measured the ones in the box from autozone they were .003" over min spec.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone or Advanced auto parts it is then.

There isn't any differences between the years or models (250-350) that I need to worry about is there. I know they have stuff wrong in their computer for our trucks all the time (Like windshield wipers for example)...Way to long. I found that out the hard way the first time.

Thank you.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Slotted Rotors and Hawk Pads are the ONLY way to go ;)

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - Brake Change

DSCN0091.JPG

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up with some Autozone Cermaics...not to impressed really.

I hear it is a pain in the butt to pull the rotors on these 4WD trucks. I need to turn them (Little scoring) and I don't want to put any more miles on the new pads with the bad front rotor.

Also what size rear pads did the F-250 come with. I just called today and they said they came in 2.5" and 3" for the rear drums. I guess I could just pull it and take a peak.

pjwoolw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A bit late but I went with Motorcraft rotors and the upgrade Superduty motorcraft pads. As far as the rears the shoes are likely the 3". Mine were. Also went with all Motorcraft and had the drums turned. Shouldn't replace just one rotor. Do both with new pads. You will need a hub tool. Depends if you have the manual locking hubs or the autolock hubs. Different tool. I've never had anything but trouble with the fancy or super hard pads. You can spend twice as much money and not really get better performance and durability.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14