brake upgrade

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
well i decided today that im tired of my brakes pulsating so im getting front and rear power slots rotors and ceramic brake pads for my truck. parts is only going to run me about 490 so i didnt think that was to bad. i have a question regarding the rear rotors its a single wheel so do i have to remove the axle of will the rotor just come off after removing the caliper

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Nice upgrade!

Yeah all you have to do is remove the caliper and support it then remove the anchor plate bolts and the disc should come off with a couple taps of a dead blow mallet:sweet

The torque specs are 27 lb-ft for the caliper bolts and anchor plate bolts are 128 lb-ft.

Here's an Excellent Article that "erlong" worte up when he upgraded the rotors on his Excursion just last year:hail

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
thanks chp for the infor ill have to remember to torque my lugnuts instead of running them in with my air gun

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've learned from other friends mistakes by snapping bolts rather than using a torque wrench:D

Let us know how the install goes:sweet

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
runnindiesel,

If you can change out the ceramic pads for the LTS pads, much better stopping and 0 fade. The ceramic's last and last and last, but their rotor grab and such is lacking. Most folks that we sell the Powerslots and Hawks to prefer the LTS almost always.

Mark @ DPPI

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
runnindiesel,

If you can change out the ceramic pads for the LTS pads, much better stopping and 0 fade. The ceramic's last and last and last, but their rotor grab and such is lacking. Most folks that we sell the Powerslots and Hawks to prefer the LTS almost always.

Mark @ DPPI
well i ordered them through where i work so everything is coming and should be in on monday or tuesday, next time i will have do find out more on the LTS pads, ive never heard of them before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14