Burnt valve cover pins

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
I found two burnt pins, one in each connector from the engine harness to the passenger side valve cover, both the first pin closest to the radiator.

Is it possible to replace just the connector and/or pins to the valve covers? Or do I need a whole new engine harness?

Thanks,
BBT

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Valve Cover Harness Repair Kits (contains 4 hard shells w/seals, w/o terminals)
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-BA (94-96)
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-AA (97)
(International) 1830829C91 removal tool and Shells w/o pins
(International) 1661875C1 Pins
(International) 2501055C1 Pins with 6" wire

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the female connector pins are toast, I would recommend changing the valvecover gasket(s) as well, since the mating male pins in the gasket may be burned too. Chances are that you will end up with another high-resistance connection that will burn again if you don't. It also gives you a chance to check for similar burning on the under-valvecover harnesses. Cheers!

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
Patrick Feeley said:
If the female connector pins are toast, I would recommend changing the valvecover gasket(s) as well, since the mating male pins in the gasket may be burned too. Chances are that you will end up with another high-resistance connection that will burn again if you don't. It also gives you a chance to check for similar burning on the under-valvecover harnesses. Cheers!

YUP!:eek: see pic......

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
Got the truck working again today. And you all were right, the deeper I dug the more crispy critters I found. Pulled the valve covers, the gasket connectors on both sides had burned bits. Replaced gaskets, harness, and repaired pins on engine harness. Truck is running great now.

Thanks guys!
BBT

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score
The front passenger GP was open. The rest were good.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2 bad but no harness problems.Glad you got it fixed..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim