Busted Up-pipe with EGR delete pics

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
roosterdiesel ask me to put up some pics of my up-pipe with EGR delete, that broke on my truck, not long after it was installed.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....looks like the flexible part failed. What temps did you subject them to?

I wonder if the bellows that look like stainless steel braid hold up any better.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....looks like the flexible part failed. What temps did you subject them to?

I wonder if the bellows that look like stainless steel braid hold up any better.

rooster, i allways keep an eye on my EGT's, especially when going up a steep grade, and i never let them get over 1000.

i dont know at what point it broke, from time of install to when it was discovered.

the tech said he didn't know why ford didnt use the steel braid on that part too. :dunno he said it was much stronger.

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driverside up pipe has the braided steel joint :dunno
They should have used it on both sides :cussing:

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
silly question here....

The thread title says EGR delete... Is there a way to completely get rid of the EGR system on these trucks? cooler, the whole works.

I wouldnt be too concerned about a check Engine light. All that requires is to turn of the Thermactor settings in an XCal tune, and reflash the computer.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
silly question here....

The thread title says EGR delete... Is there a way to completely get rid of the EGR system on these trucks? cooler, the whole works.

I wouldnt be too concerned about a check Engine light. All that requires is to turn of the Thermactor settings in an XCal tune, and reflash the computer.

on this particular product, they cut the neck off that ties the exhaust to the EGR cooler itself.

you can do a EGR delete with the SCT tuner.

i have seen a truck in the latest diesel world mag, that completely did away with the EGR cooler, and welded the EGR valve open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14