Help Needed Buy new truck

alansford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok my buddy has an 03 7.3 great truck,,, I have been looking at the 06 6.0 but came across an 03 6.0 4x4 with 21000 miles, and can get it for a great price. My question is, my buddy with the 7.3 says the 6.0 from 03 to 06 had a lot of problems... is that true and what type of problems am i looking at. Thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Not completely accurate, the early 6.0 had some issues and some of them were serious issues but Ford had them pretty well ironed out by late 03 early 04. Now with that said I would be a little leery of an 03 with only 21K on it. Might be a shop queen. Have a dealer run the VIN and give you an OASIS report.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i agree, if you find an '03 with 50k on the odometer, i wouldnt be afraid to buy it, especially for a good price!

alansford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks,,, its just in perfect cond ford still offer a warranty that i would have to purchased and found out it was a ford buy back. they say all problems fix and truck is good to go. Now i know its a dealer wanting to sell a truck but i a good deal, i though there were head bolt problem that were causing the head gasket to suck in that year or was that 04 and 05. Thanks again for all the help...

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
somebody may correct me if im wrong, but i think if you run a chipped 6.0 hard the heads on all years, MAY lift and cause the gaskets to leak. i wouldnt say its a MAJOR problem, and its easily prevented/fixed with head studs. some of the 6.0 guys may know a little more as to how much all that will cost IF it happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14