CCV mod variation??

tinkerrr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been reading about and considering doing the CCV mod. I can't decide which route to go and thought of a variation, I'm looking for feedback. Would there be any benefit in leaving the crankcase vent in place and rotating the part in the air intake so the hose connection is on top so the hose would leave the valve cover loop up to the top of the air intake and reconnect at the top instead of the side. My thinking is the oil is going to have a difficult time going up hill(about 5") to reenter the motor should get mostly air. Is this wishful thinking ??? thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I suspect that would be wishful thinking. The oil is in vapor form so probably won't make much, if any, difference. Can't hurt to try though. Clean the intercooler boots really well first and see if it comes back.

tinkerrr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense, still thinking, maybe turn the dog house around, connect via a hose, a home made pvc filter w/element inside, then loop the hose over the m/c and back to the air intake. If I used a piece of clear tubing after the filter back to the air intake, just to moniter short term, would make it easy to evaulate the air/oil returning to the intake. I want to try and work my wrong thinking out before I jump in to this. thanks

Last edited:

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 3/4 heater hose and ran it out the back buy the bumper.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
There is alot of info in here about running a filter and returning the air. That is because if there is too much back pressure you will start to push the dipstick and seep oil all over.

I run it straight down and out. I do this in fear of vapors freezing in the tube to the back of the truck clogging the tube. It gets sub freezing here for weeks. Its not so bad unless you run MC oil, I run MC oil and it stinks bad. Especially in drive throughs.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run mine through the exhaust, looks like somethings wrong with the truck with the smoke coming out sometimes, lol...but it was better than having the residue all under the back of my truck...i put it in the exhaust just before the muffler delete pipe.

JRJ04

Reaction score
theres been a lot of talk about running it into the exhaust is a bad idea because you could get exhaust sucked back into the intake.

As messy as it is, i think the best answer is to vent it out.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
see I was wondering about that. Mine is not messy at all!!!

It might be due to me having no mods or chips, But all that I have is just a drip from the hose that is very minimal and no spray or anything like that.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
see I was wondering about that. Mine is not messy at all!!!

It might be due to me having no mods or chips, But all that I have is just a drip from the hose that is very minimal and no spray or anything like that.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

Yes...youre probably not as messy because you dont have a chip. You tend to get more blowby when youre pumping more power through these motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14