Check Coolant Additive Message

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought the test kits and was going to do some testing today. I had a devil of a time with the petcocks on the radiators. They are plastic and hard to get to. Also, I am either a wuss or them suckers are hard to turn! I used a 3 inch adjustable wrench to turn the one on the drivers side and got about tablespoon full of coolant out of it. I was afraid to turn it anymore. The one on the passenger side was just about impossible to get to, so I said to heck with it and headed to the internet! Anyone have any advise? Thanks

rlaspinall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I will see if I can locate a supplier here in Canada. Sometimes I envy all of the resources you folks have in the US.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Uni-Select (Canada based company) also known here in the US as Autoplus.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Is the dash warning light automatically triggered off the odometer or is there a sensor that detects the additive level???

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Is the dash warning light automatically triggered off the odometer or is there a sensor that detects the additive level???

Anybody.........Bueller, Bueller??? :)

JRJ04

Reaction score
i believe its based on time, not on any sensor...how many miles do you have on it now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58