Cold Air Intake

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know, or have an opinion on which company makes the best cold air intake for the 6.0? Which company claims the highest power increases?

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
The verdict around here is that the factory unit is good up to around 500hp I wasnt aware of this when i got mine because i thought it looked restrictive but i was wrong i run an afe setup which does work for these trucks...some like k&n are not good because they dont seal off correctly...i may be wrong but you wont see that much hp gain unless you pair it up with exhaust, tuner so the computer can utilize these better

07KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm thinking about pairing a cold air intake with a 4" or 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust system. But b/c of warrantee issues, I don't want to tune it quite yet. Would pairing the exhaust and intake make a nice power improvement? Or is it useless without a tune?

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005 SD have the 4" Magnaflow TB and AFE Stage 2 with an Acuflow elbow- no programer waiting for warrentee to run out now at 85K. At the end of day sounds good- no big change-

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would pairing the exhaust and intake make a nice power improvement? Or is it useless without a tune?

It surly wouldn't be useless. Anything we can do to let any of these PSD's Breath better creates more Efficiency.... at the very least. Add a nice Tune, when you feel comfortable with it.. you'd be good to go.

Joe

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i bought my truck it had a K&N cold air intake on it and i replaced it with a stock one because i wanted better filtration. Didn't notice any change in power and actually gets better mileage now.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14