Cold Start

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back last week after getter a series of test done to it to see why its having problems starting when it cold out..After the glow plugs and the GPR checked out they seemed to think the batteries were bad so I got @ new one and that didn't make any differance. Then, they said the starter was weak, so I went to the local ford dealership and got a new one and had the oil changed and my new and improved CPS put back in. That seemed to help a bit, but not solve he problem. I couldn't afford any further investigations, but what they said was that it could be the high or low pressure oil pumps going out. Is that possible? What I don't understand is I have been pluging mine and haven't pluged in my brothers(sitting side by side) and his will fire right up. mine will start, but it sounds like it hasa big cam in it while my brothers is running smooth. I am so confused. Please help me..my wallet can only take so much this time of year!:dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
i dont know if this is it or not, but you should replace both batteries at the same time. theres a possibility your other one could be bad as well. does the idle smooth out when it warms up or not?

howardsvm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just answered you on your other post. You should carefully consider injectors and Orings. Read other post

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14