Complete Brake Overhaul..whats best???

Concrete John

90CC 4X4 PSD (95)
Reaction score
hI guy's i have a 1990 CC 4X4 Dually, (95) 7.3 PSD . 5 Spd. Recently bought a few months ago , brakes work good , naturally the pedal feels a lil spongy, but nothing to woory about yet , i'm in the process of completely changing all fluids you name it i'm changing it , all synthetic blends. Question , what brakes , rotors drums etc would be choice , in your mind , i haul medium loads and a few times a year pull a 16,000 lbs 5th wheel. The truck is worht it , just needs some TLC , i'm going to measure everything while pulling it apart to see whats left(rotors,drums) Just weather needs to cooperate!! Thanks guys ;tu

erichhaag

Haag's HR&C
Reaction score
Best upgrade ever for brakes

I used powerslot cryo slotted rotors on mine and hawk performance ceramic pads...no noise little dust and a bunch of stopping power...the rotors :

Features
Power Slot Cryo Rotors are custom made for your specific year, make and model vehicle
Power Slot Cryo Rotors are cycled between -300°F and 300°F three times for the maximum strengthening effect
Cryogenically treated to a blistering -300°F for extreme tension strength and total warping resistance
Lasts up to 33% longer than standard rotors to keep your vehicle on the road and off the lift
Provides enhanced stopping power for corralling your high-horsepower ride or commercial work rig
Power Slot Cryo Rotors boast exclusive Vac-U-Slot vents that keep your brakes cool under pressure and dry in the elements
Finished with a military-grade cadmium coating that last 60% longer than standard zinc coats
Installing Power Slot Cryo Rotors takes 1-2 hours per axle or 2-4 hours for all four wheels
Sold individually—check all boxes above to receive complete set (see note below on replacing single rotors)
Your Power Slot Cryo Rotors are backed by a 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty
Description
When you're in between replacement rotors and a big brake kit for your high-horsepower ride, go with the smart compromise. Power Slot Pro Stop Rotors boast all the goodness of their top-quality slotted rotor siblings along with the unleashed power of cryogenics.

Why freeze rotors to a biting -300°F? By dropping Power Slot Cryo Rotors to such an unfathomable cold, their strength under tension and resistance to warping goes through the roof. It's a level of strength no other rotor can match.

I know it sounds like an ad but i am just a satisfied customer...

Concrete John

90CC 4X4 PSD (95)
Reaction score
No ,NO Erichhaag , Sounds wicked ,I have a lil metalurgey,welding, fab ,mechanical background , Also raced stock cars for 12 yrs where did you ,or what site you go for these bad boys..... pricey i can imagine , but thanks for info , definately going to look into this system.:)

TUGGER

Reaction score
I agree with frozen I used Cragar Cryogenic Performance Brake Rotors from summit racing with hawk pads stops great

erichhaag

Haag's HR&C
Reaction score
brakes

concrete john... i had to look it up but i remembered where I got them. off of www. tirerack .com they sell both the pads and rotors. They were about 140 a rotor or so...not so bad...they looked beautiful out of the box too. I haul skid steer...lots of stone block brick etc and have never had trouble with em.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14