Converted SD Downpipe

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
It's all in the marketing, you know, if you don't put new shocks on it will ruin the 1000 bucks worth of tires i just put on and if I don't do the tugger kit it will cost $3000 for a new tranny and so on and so on.

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
Here's a pic from the top ones from the bottom didn't turn out.

Also one with new tires/wheels.

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looks good highfive.

I prefer to fabricate my own mods when I can rather than buy them as this makes me more proud of them when I am finished.

Last edited:

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean Power Stroke, if I think I can build it I never buy it especially when I got 5 rowdy boys to entertain.

I did mine pretty much like you said, just had to barely push the insulation back, on the first go around I used the 3" all the way to the front of where the cat was but then I had some extra 3.5" so I took out the piece about 6 inches after the firewall turn and put it 3.5" from there to where the cat used to be. This also gave me a better spot to put the accuseal clamp as it was too close to the tranny dipstick tube the other way. I also tacked and fit and tacked and fit to get it where I wanted. Would be a piece of cake now to do another one I think. If I had a better welder I would probably never leave the garage. I had to borrow a bigger one to do my RSK.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
highfive said:
I saw pics of 2 of them installing 4" and looked like they had to cut a chunk of the firewall out and replace it with a concave piece.
That would be called the "passenger foot-warmer mod". :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14