Coolant Flush

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I'm about to flush my coolant, installing coolant filter, new hoses, 203 t-stat, billet housing and switching to ELC. I've spent all morning chasing Zerex G-05 with no luck. Went with Fleetrite ELC from the International house.

My question is how much distilled water will be left in the block if I don't take the block plugs out? The only diesel ELC available here is pre-diluted. Is there any other way of getting the system dry?

I'm off to start the flush now. Be back later.:D

:thanks IA

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
How much do you think a gallon will dilute the 50/50?

I know how stubborn those plugs can be. Wonder if I left it weak then drained a gallon later and added another 50/50 gallon if that would get me to desired strength.:dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I've got the flush done using a Prestone flush kit. Now I've got to flush with distilled a couple times.

I looked for the block plugs, drivers is easy to get to. Passenger side is going to require removal of the starter. I'm going to try to find my piece of square keystock and get the driver's side out. Depending how hard that one goes will determine if I try the passenger side. My butane torch is MIA, been borrowed and not returned, so I can't heat it and spray it with WD40 to loosen it up. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Other thing is I have what almost looks like beads of oil on the sides and bottom of the degass bottle.:confused: Could this be SCA fallout or do I have a possible oil cooler seal or other seal leaking?:( Pics to follow later.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I doubt it, unless it's turned the coolant to chocolate milk... I see that a lot... silicates and other contaminants will gel in little lumps in old, weak coolant...

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Pics didn't turn out.

The beads were gone once I started pouring the distilled into the degass bottle. I drained one side of the block but was too drained from the heat to pull the starter and do the passenger.

How much fluid does the coolant system hold? Owners manual only gives gasser capacity and I can't find the diesel supplement manual.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
How much fluid does the coolant system hold? Owners manual only gives gasser capacity and I can't find the diesel supplement manual.

Roughly 30 qts + or -

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14