Could've had a V10.

olesmokey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2008 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, 6.4 PS for general transport and to tow 20 ft. camper. Runs fine for me. Hope it holds up dont want to have troubles. Never owned a diesel before. It has more power than I need, fuel economy is not too objectionable. I only drive a mile to work. I may take the Prius and save truck for weekends. I bought it with 17000 miles on it in 2009, and now it has 33000. Very comfortable and capable truck. This is an interesting forum and I hope to learn something. So Howdy

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome3 olesmokey. Diesel trucks are not good for short distances. They don't get up to operating temperature. This will cause carbon build up in the turbocharger and other not-so-nice places. They like to be driven and driven HARD. Pull something or drive it like you stole it! Drive the Prius on the short trips and use the truck for bigger trips.

Dave ;tu ;)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com, glad to have you here, your truck will do fine if you give it clean fuel,
(change fuel filters at 10,000 or 15,000 miles) keep the oil changed and use Motorcraft filters.
like the others said, drive the car and leave the truck at home.
Doug

olesmokey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks gang. Always check my fluids. Oil level seemed slightly overfull but dealer always overfills on changes. I chose to sniff it and mentioned fuel smell to dealer last oil change. Hopefully new fuel pump will fix. But after reading here asked to be put on severe service oil change schedule. I will keep eye on it myself and take your advice about driving habits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14