Couple questions...

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it! Finally getting to work on the truck again after buying a house and going through all that crap all winter, lol...trying to get the truck ready to head to florida to pick up my hot rod the end of april and take a well needed vacation! lol.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that if you leave the actuator rod dangling from the EBPV that it still moves and the oil seal around the EBPV actuator rod is notorious for leaking in unmodified applications and this only becomes a more serious problem when you have the rod pressing against the seal unsupported. Yes the rod is light and it will take time.

The proper way to disable the EBPV is a dongle SP diesel makes one.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know again stroker, I'll be leaving it unhooked then. Unless I decide to use it as a exhaust brake, jury's still out on that one, but i'm leaning that way. Always good to talk to the ones that've done this before, thanks again.

FWIW guyz ? When I unplugged the EBPV to re-wire it as an exhaust brake, I fab'd a "Shunt" wire and plugged it in to, the now unused plug. No Codes.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14