Question Cruise Control

mspainting

Painting The Town
Reaction score
I replaced the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Still no cruise
I have taken steering wheel airbag apart & shop some WD40 in there & the cruise worked for a little while, does that mean the clock spring is not working, & how do you take the steering wheel off, what kinda puller do you use, also is there away to adjust the clock spring?

Thanks guys

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I replaced the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Still no cruise
I have taken steering wheel airbag apart & shop some WD40 in there & the cruise worked for a little while, does that mean the clock spring is not working, & how do you take the steering wheel off, what kinda puller do you use, also is there away to adjust the clock spring?

Thanks guys

might want to ohm out the switches..
clocksprings rarely fail as a point of regular use...

mspainting

Painting The Town
Reaction score
No that was the first thing i checked the cruise worked great until i was out of town doing a job about 100 miles from LR Ar. with my camper & the job was real dusty, & it started getting real speratick it would cut after about 10 or 15 miles & i could reset it & it would hold again about10 or15 miles as the weeks past though it got to where it only worked 1 or 2 miles & now nothing.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
No that was the first thing i checked the cruise worked great until i was out of town doing a job about 100 miles from LR Ar. with my camper & the job was real dusty, & it started getting real speratick it would cut after about 10 or 15 miles & i could reset it & it would hold again about10 or15 miles as the weeks past though it got to where it only worked 1 or 2 miles & now nothing.

OK, if that's what it's doing, I'd have to SWAG cruise module (solid state, cruise control unit)

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Have you taken your truck in for the recall for the brake switch yet?

From what I understand, the switch that is being recalled, is the brake pedal switch that deactivates the cruise control. If that switch is bad, it may prevent the cruise from working. If you go in for the recall, they'll replace it for free.

Try pulling the brake pedal up with your toe and see if the cruise control starts working. If it does, your getting warm.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
actually, what's being recalled is the switch screwed into the nose of the master cylinder.. the damn things leak, and could short and start a combination wiring/fluid fire

and I could see it causing the symptoms described...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the OBS trucks when the 3rd brake light is blown CC does not work. Doesn't make sense to me but it happens and they may have kept the wiring design from the OBS trucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14