DIY Tymar air box

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about building a box for the tymar that would isolate it from the engine heat kind of like other air boxes do. Has anyone else attempted or made one? Just thought I would check.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow lemme know how that works out. I have NO room for one in my truck. It probably doesnt get near as hot in SC ( but I bet its close ) as it might in TX, but I ran my tymar all summer and never had a heat problem. My EGT's actually dropped. You having heat issues?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
idk how you have room for anything.. I bought a 6637 filter for my dads 95 and because i was already paying the little bit for shipping and the filter was only 28 bucks i figured i'd get one for my 6.0 and fab something up to make it work... i was wrong... it one fit on my 6.0... i suppose i could make it fit if i had a 90 degree elbow.. even that is a big if... i decided i would just sell the filter to the local kids with 7.3s for a small profit... but man that filter was huge!

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it not so much for the heat than making sure I don't get water on the filter. We have some major issues with drainage when the big T-Storms roll in. I am just wanting to make sure and keep it from getting water splashed up on it. Plus since I have the zoodad mod, wanting to take advantage of getting the coldest air possible. I think I might end up possibly going to some Optima batteries and putting them on the passenger side like I saw some guy on the internet do, then I will have plenty of room for a box and who knows what else.:evil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14