Drive like Granny=OK, Drive like Earnhardt=stalls at idle

lvseicsh

Leo in Mississippi
Reaction score
Hey all,

Ever since I got my DP-Tuner my I've been experiencing a strange problem. Maybe it's been happening since the beginning, but I've been in the pedal more since getting the chip. Here's the symptoms:

If I drive like granny (0%-50% throttle) on my 80hp econo tune the truck runs great. BUT, if I'm more agressive (>50% throttle) the truck will idle funny when slowing down (30mph-10mph) and then shut off when I get <10mph. It's kinda like the Torque Converter isn't unlocking all the way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
lvseicsh said:
Hey all,

Ever since I got my DP-Tuner my I've been experiencing a strange problem. Maybe it's been happening since the beginning, but I've been in the pedal more since getting the chip. Here's the symptoms:

If I drive like granny (0%-50% throttle) on my 80hp econo tune the truck runs great. BUT, if I'm more agressive (>50% throttle) the truck will idle funny when slowing down (30mph-10mph) and then shut off when I get <10mph. It's kinda like the Torque Converter isn't unlocking all the way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
If it is the TC, then it will push really hard against the brakes, too. If it is not pushing, it may be something else.

Also, shut the truck off, take the keys OUT of the ignition, then check the chip to see if it is installed all the way and is attached securely.

Sounds to me like you ought to give Jody a call and see what he thinks. From what I've heard, he is very helpful and stands by his product.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
If it is the TC, then it will push really hard against the brakes, too. If it is not pushing, it may be something else.

Also, shut the truck off, take the keys OUT of the ignition, then check the chip to see if it is installed all the way and is attached securely.

Sounds to me like you ought to give Jody a call and see what he thinks. From what I've heard, he is very helpful and stands by his product.
Seems that I remeber this being an issue with HP oil supply. After you romp on it...

It can be caused by an HP oil leak, or IIRC some sort of tuning issue. I think I'd call Jody....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I guess first things first, if its dying then it surely has to have set a code. Pull the code(s).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14