dtc code problem '02 powerstroke

ktgator127

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've got code issues again. I keep getting 1211 dtc when under load or playing around. I have the Bully Dog Power Pup 125hp program in 2002 F250 Powerstroke. The Last time I kept getting this message I ignored it and it kept coming more frequently, then boom while pulling my fifth wheel on the interstate (75hp setting) I blew a high pressure line, dead in the water. Had the line replaced went a month and now light comes on again. Is this a sign of imminent blow out again or a symptom of retuning or both ? I also have a 0603 code this time, which is new. I will look on the top of the motor and see if I see any signs of leakage. Any thoughts out there??

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Albert Einstein said:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Chances are that you will suffer the same fate as before. You don't drive around on a tire that's flat, replace it, then drive the next tire while it's flat, expecting to not have to replace it again... do you?

And what is this 1211 Code? I can't find a description for it. Is it a Powertrain code? ie. P1211 ?

You 603 code is a KAM (Keep Alive Memory) error. Basically, the truck's computer has Alzheimer's. It is likely related to your Bully Dog program.

Unplug your bully dog, reset the computer, and see if you're still getting this 1211 code. I know, it will be hard not having that extra 75HP, but I promise you, you will be just fine, and you will live through it just fine. :p

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When you say blew a HPO line, how did it break? When you were getting the code more often was there ever oil in the valley leaking to the ground? It may have set the code then from a HPO leak in the hose letting the ICP fall off.

The 1211 ICP code is often set by hot rod tunes calling for ICP that the HPOP can't keep up with. You need to see on a scan tool or a manual gauge if your ICP is falling off at WOT. I doubt that your new hose will fail unless it's twisted or not installed properly. My hoses see 3000psi+ ICP and I don't think twice about them. But I do inspect them at least once a month.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set the 1211 code daily and never blown a hose... Just drive it, maybe get a better tune on there. Tadd writes my stuff a little differant and in all but the insanity file I dont get the light... But the insanity is where I live...LOL... Infact I just stacked a stage 1 kit from SP diesel on top of it... Didnt work with the big sticks.

ktgator127

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!!

Thanks guys for the input, I will definitely check the valley on the top of the motor for oil leaks. I think I will go down to the 75hp program, seems to happen less there. You know, I would have thought that the dealer would have replaced all of the lines while they were there, It was covered under warranty. I called them, if I have leakage they said I would not have to pay the $100 deductible again. I will keep you informed. I also run biodiesel from time to time, do you think this has any correlation ?

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Bio-diesel will not harm or be related to any of the issues you listed. The 1211 code will continue to pop up when you romp on it but the light will go off in 5-10 minutes or after you clear the code. Happens to everyone after installing a chip/programmer with stock injectors & high pressure oil Pump. The solution is to get big oil (i.e. stealth, terminator). Just a case of one mod leading to another - but this mod cost a hell of alot more!

The 1211 code coming up is not a sign that a line will blow again - the computer is letting you know the high pressure oil pump can't keep up with the demand.

The dealer most likely did not replace alll the lines, only the broken one.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14