DVD tab broke off

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to replace the plastic case around the screen on the factory DVD player? That little tab broke off on mine so I had to do a quick jury-rig to keep the screen secured in the up position--but the ugly craftsmanship is DRIVING ME NUTS!!:cussing:

I haven't been able to find a way to replace the entire plastic case around the screen.:dunno

:thanks

I cut a piece of plexiglass and super glued it behind the tab and the base, then drilled and screwed it for support. Don't laugh at the craftsmanship...I was in a time jam and it was cold:
DVDtab.jpg

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Careful driving them screws too deep Bruce, might get into the bottom edge of the screen. How about JB weld? I use JB Kwik weld alot, other than that a plastic solvent might work, and then really baby it.

Would magnets affect the TFT screen? I know it's a no-no with CRT tyype sceens as it distorts the image, but magnets may hold it out off the way for you.

Heck, throw a servo on there and just motorize the darn thing! :D

Last edited:

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
ScottK said:
Careful driving them screws too deep Bruce, might get into the bottom edge of the screen.

Despite my time crunch with my quick-fix I did take time to measure, re-measure, and re-re-measure to make sure those screws wouldn't hit anything! :sweet

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Have you tried the ford parts house.....

Yeah, they told me they don't have any parts for the DVD players. Gave me a number to a place in Connecticut (this was awhile ago) and I've since lost it.

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
junkyard? ebay? craigslist?
Might find someone upgrading in screen size and can part with the housing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14