Exhaust Pressure Control Valve

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Exhaust brake

Man-O-Man, I know now that these aren't dreams I'm hav-n but nitemares. I have two up and running PSD's w/ exhaust brakes made from the EBPV. I use a single two gang toggle and two normaly open micro switch's. One gang is 12V powered and only one end of the switch used. That goes to the throttle switch and out to the EBPV. The other gang is grounded. The same end that the EBPV is on goes directly to the converter lock. The opposite end goes to the micro switch on the brake peddle. So now when you switch to the coverter side you can lock it on at any speed and if you forget to switch it of , when you step on the brake it shuts off. This is a nice feature. The switch is so sensitive you can let up on the brake and start rolling then let off both peddles, the coverter locks and people around you think it a stick. Also you need to shift all gears manuely with the converter locked like this or it will shift right into high gear. I have perfected my takeoff and shifts so from the outside you will think its a stick. Now with switch the other way you have armed the exhaust brake and locked the converter without the brake to disengauge it. So now you are pulling the hill with the caverter locked and over the top you go. Let off the trottle and the peddle trips the micro switch and the exhaust brake is on. The unit works great and leaves a bunch of money in your pocket. The only downside I have found is the SOS light is on with the converter stuck code. That only happens when I drive it like a stick. Can you tell, the new hasn't worn off yet. Bill

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can see in this thread that I would point out, is Engine RPM.

I do not recommend engaging any TC locks at RPM's of less than 1000. Low RPM equals low line pressure, and its the line pressure that holds the clutch plates together. Our trucks make a heck of a lot of power at even low RPMs, and its possible to slip the lockup plates by engaging the TC lock too early, or leaving it on too long while slowing down.

I have found on my truck that engine braking has the most effect above 2000 RPM. Lower than that and I dont feel it as much.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hey forgotten, I only used my home computer for e-bay till I found these forums. And now , someone in the same state. I wonder about the usefullness of some mods in other parts of the country. Around here its either up hill or down. Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58