Factory fog lights not working after jump start

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my 4 new Lightforce HID lights last night and while working my weak batteries drained to the point of requiring a jump start. Before the jump start all lights worked fine, after the jump start my factory fog lights won't turn on. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar? Is there a protection circuit that won't allow the fog lights to turn on unless the battery is good?

TIA

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Fog lights

Yea I hate when that happens, happened to me last week putting my gauges in except for the fog light thing. Check the fuse, headlight switch, bulbs. What did you use to jump your truck?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ? To avoid this kinda thing, I always try to use something Other Than.. the Negative Battery Post.. for a Grounding point, on the vehicle being Jump Started... AND.. on my truck too.

(Like the lower hood latch ?)

:dunno

Last edited:

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I used the battery charger at my work to do the jump start. Going to check fuses right now and if that isn't the problem I'll pull the bulbs out and check them when I get to work can have a warm shop to work in.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out the problem was as simple as a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and no problem since.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out the problem was as simple as a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and no problem since.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14